Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest in Burnaby Hospital Foundation. See current opening below.
Manager, Finance and Administration - Burnaby Hospital Foundation
The Burnaby Hospital Foundation (the “Foundation”) is the fundraising arm of Burnaby Hospital dedicated to community partnerships to purchase vital medical equipment and technology, improve patient care, and support innovative and educational community programs that improve health.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual with high energy to join our team. In this role, you will report directly to the CEO, acting as the go-to person for everything financial in the organization. You will be responsible for managing the Foundation’s administrative functions including financial management and reporting, information technology, and administrative systems. You will monitor the financial reporting activities of the Foundation to ensure that the financial information and records are accurate and current. In this unique role, you will have the flexibility to work either full-time or part-time (three to four days/week). In this hands-on role, your key accountabilities will include:
- Oversees processing of Accounts Payable including invoice posting, disbursements, and subledger reconciliation;
- Oversees donation processing activities including the processing of donations and pledges, issuing cash and/or tax receipts and preparing acknowledgement and thank you letters to donors;
- Process and submit all designated fund disbursement requests to the Fraser Health Authority finance department;
- Responsible for overseeing payroll;
- Reconcile bank accounts, general ledger accounts, designated fund accounts, specified fund accounts, and month-end revenues and expenses, including the tracking and monitoring of equity funds for the Foundation.
Review the financial reports generated by Raisers’ Edge data system and ensure their accuracy and completeness and reconciliation with monthly financial reports;
- Develop, analyze and interpret financial information in order to evaluate operating results in terms of performance against budget and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness and efficiency of the Foundation;
- Responsible for the planning and development the annual operating budget in collaboration with the CEO and the management team;
- Responsible for financial management and reporting including financial analysis, direct mail expense analysis, and specified and designated fund reporting;
- Responsible for filing the annual CRA Form T3010, BC Gaming Commission reports, PST rebate remittance, GST remittance and other regulatory reporting as required.
- Responsible for the planning and development of the annual operating budget in collaboration with the CEO and the management team;
- Responsible for treasury management including cash flow forecasting and managing all bank and investment accounts;
- Evaluates existing financial systems and internal controls. Recommend and implement appropriate improvements as needed;
- Coordinates and supervise the year-end audit with external auditors;
- Creates and monitors the adherence of corporate finance policies and procedures.
- Oversee the day-to-day functioning of the office, including ordering office supplies, managing office equipment needs and supporting other team members as needed.
Candidate Profile – About You
You enjoy a finance role where you are part of a team that delivers exceptional value to the Board of Trustees, donors and the hospital. You demonstrate leadership by acting with integrity and trust as part of a team environment. You lead change by striving for personal mastery, vision, passion and energy. Your business acumen shows in how you effectively manage resources. As the ideal candidate, your key attributes will include:
- Working knowledge and application of accounting and financial standards;
- Sensitivity to confidential donor and human resource information;
- Demonstrated ability to work with key internal and external stakeholders such as volunteers, hospital staff, and Board Trustees;
- Ability to establish, meet tight deadlines and multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities;
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of the Foundation;
- Organized and capable of working independently with little supervision;
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced by your ability to be courteous and concise with verbal communications as well as a proven ability to write well by producing direct and effective communication materials;
- Take pride in double-checking facts and information for accuracy in all your work products;
- Demonstrated ability to uphold confidentiality and manage sensitive situations with tact and empathy;
- Demonstrated ability to build successful and collaborative relationships;
- Self-motivated, strong customer service orientation and positive attitude;
- High level of technical literacy, with advanced skills in MS Excel and fully proficient in MS Office.
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA);
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in a related position, preferably in a not for profit organization;
- Payroll and benefits administration an asset;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Simply Accounting an asset.
To apply for this role, please submit your cover letter and resume to David Berrington, CONTACT HR Consulting, at [email protected]