Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the legal name and mailing address for Burnaby Hospital Foundation?
3935 Kincaid Street
2. What is the Charitable Registration Number for the Foundation?
3. What is your phone number?
4. Where is the Burnaby Hospital Foundation office?
5. What are your office hours?
6. How can I contact Burnaby Hospital for patient inquiries?
How to Make a Donation
1. How can I make a donation to Burnaby Hospital Foundation?
2. How can I become a monthly donor?
3. Is there a way to hold an event to raise funds for Burnaby Hospital Foundation?
Yes. Holding an event is a great way to harness the power of a dedicated group. Group fundraisers hosted by people like you help advance the health and vibrancy of the entire community. We can provide all the information you need to host a successful event.
4. How do have add or remove my name from Burnaby Hospital Foundation’s mailing list?
Your Donations At Work
1. How does Burnaby Hospital Foundation make decisions on where to use my donation?
Burnaby Hospital Foundation meets with hospital physicians, administrators and frontline staff to determine where funds will have the greatest impact on patient care. We take our role seriously to ensure that Burnaby Hospital is equipped in every way to advance the health of all generations that will help maintain the vibrancy of the entire community.
2. Can I request that my donation go to a particular area of care or fund?
Yes, certainly. Although unrestricted donations allow us flexibility to meet emergent demands, many donors wish to direct their gifts according to their personal preferences. We welcome you to contact our office so we can put you in touch with the information you need to make your decision.
3. Can I leave a donation in my will?
Absolutely. In fact, a growing number of people are choosing the option of a planned gift. Please contact Sylvia Zylla, director, Major Gifts and Planned Giving at 604.431.2804 or email [email protected] for more information.
4. Am I paying for something the government should be funding?
It's complicated. Did you know that there isn't a BC hospital that is fully government-funded? Modest government funding is nowhere near enough to satisfy good health-care levels. Hospitals are expensive to operate but crucial for our medically necessary services.
Donations fund approximately 47 per cent of the cost of Burnaby Hospital's new medical equipment. In fact, since 2002 our donors have given close to $19 million to purchase new equipment for the hospital. And that doesn't include the dollars raised for clinical education, hospital programs or community-wellness initiatives, which also rely on donations to exist.